Friday, October 24, 2008

The Renaissance Man

I have often regretted the way I went around doing things in college. Or perhaps I didn't. My main problem was that my mind used to be in a very unsteady state, sometimes agreeing and sometimes disagreeing with itself. The fact that the only one I argued about these things was me myself, was another great source of confusion.

At one end I believed that I didn't get enough from the other side, and at the other end I felt that I wasn't doing much from my side. And on some other end I felt I was in a wrong place with the wrong people who neither had the concept of 'ends' nor starts. There never were any in-between thoughts, only extra dimensions, and all thoughts lurked at obscure corners of these dimensions.

And when I was about to give up, we got a charismatic leader whom I started adoring, and then eventually started loathing for playing double games. But I guess the charisma part did prove one thing; however disoriented and random the followers are, there's always a line of thought some leader can infuse which can give directions. It doesn't really matter whether the system supports it as much.

I guess that's what Barkha Dutt was saying about the renaissance man.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

obvious question...who?? may be we could talk about it over a cup of virtual java

gopal

Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:47:00 pm  
Anonymous aditya said...

Pr*** I guess

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 1:28:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home